Like all Dutch plant exporters, we are having to adjust our way of working, with our UK customers to reflect the UK’s exit for the EU single market. Boot & Dart have been doing business in the UK for over 40 years, predating the EU single market and have a long-standing loyal customer base that we will continue serving.
Whilst the changes will involve some additional administration, we were already doing a lot of business to ‘third party’ countries, notably Norway and Switzerland. The systems we use for this have now been adapted and transferred to doing business in a post EU single market UK.
We also have a long-standing relationship with an excellent haulage contractor, who does all our UK deliveries, we are working in partnership with them to keep our UK deliveries system as smooth running as before.
Our post Brexit trade advice:
Given that the UK is no longer part of the EU single market, before placing an order with us we would strongly advise that you do the following to prevent any shipping delays and additional costs:
- Check this link Import goods into the UK: step by step
- You apply to the UK Revenue and Customs for an EORI number.
- Apply to DEFRA for registration on their PEACH system.
- Register with DEFRA a place of destination in the UK ( this could be your main nursery or a site ).
- We suggest to appoint a certified customs agent, an online list is available here.
If we can help further please contact, your representative.